So, first off, I had an amazing weekend. I was a group leader for an event at my church called Disciple Now (D-Now). There were about 40 kids there, and I was a group leader for 5 girls. My girls were awesome! They were a little attitudey, of course, because they're middle school/high school girls, but they were just great! I had a great time, and I really feel like I grew closer to God in just this one weekend. I know the event was for kids to develop a relationship with God, but I think many of the adults, including myself, were just as moved as the kids were. I'm so glad I went, and I wish I would have helped last year too! We also did some community service projects Saturday, picking up trash around town and passing out 400 water bottles to people at stop lights in town. As a bonus, I got a sweet farmer's tan. Chya.
The next couple weeks are going to be crazy crazy busy! But in the end, it's never as bad as I planned for it to be. Like, Sunday night I was majorly stressing about everything I have to do this week for my classes and to prepare for this summer. But now that I'm a couple days into the week, I can see the finish line of Thursday. I know what I have to get done to make it through this week with my head above water, so I feel a little better. But then, of course, I start thinking about next week and panic hits again. My problem is, I'm trying to work ahead to get everything done sooner so I'm not as stressed out, but in reality, trying to work ahead (especially in the hectic weeks before finals) stresses me out more than if I just took it one day at a time. So, I have accepted the fact that working ahead is impossible in college, and especially this late in the game, so I am going to stop trying to work ahead. I am just going to finish today what is due tomorrow and be done with it. I just hope my summer isn't like this...
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment