Thursday, April 30, 2009

Coincidences or God-cidences?

So I've written three blogs already...and erased them all. Pointless blogging is probably the point of it all, but I didn't want to post a pointless blog.

But I have been thinking lately that there is no such thing as a coincidence. I believe those little crazy/cool things that happen to us on a daily basis...the things that are too crazy to call coincidences or the things that make you say "it's a small world"...happen NOT by chance. I believe God has a hand in all of that, and there's a reason that it happened, whether the reason is big or small. Like, yesterday, I had to attend a recital as part of my final for my piano lesson class. And singing in the recital was a girl I went to high school with. What are the chances, right? There were 3 different recitals I could have chosen to attend, each recital only had a couple people performing in it, and I just happened to attend that recital where she was singing. I don't know if there was really a needed purpose or reason for that to happen. Her and her parents had to leave the recital early, but her mom came back because she lost her keys. I ended up finding them, and they could leave on time. Maybe that was my purpose of being there...? Just to do something little like find her lost keys so she and her family could get to where they were going on time. You might think I'm crazy, but I think things happen for a reason. When I think about it too much, it makes my head hurt. Sometimes I just need to take time to reflect, step back, and realize that I'm not in control and that this is God's world, and I'm just livin' in it! I now look for little ways that God shows me He's here and in control. And when I finally see something, like yesterday, I think it's really neat.

No comments:

Post a Comment